Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you gun experts, I just picked up a new P95 and upon inspection I found a very small notch on the right edge of the feed ramp. I'm trying to find out if this is normal. It doesn't seem to effect feeding so I'm not sure if it should be there or not. Any help would be appreciated and I can supply a picture if needed. I have had many firearms but this is my first hand gun. Thanks

Robert

·
Super Moderator
16,253 Posts
Robert ... Welcome to the forum. There is not a "notch" or any kind of nick in the feed ramp by design, so what you have is likely a machining mark of some sort or an actual defect in the material. A picture would be helpful so that we can help point you in the right direction regarding the need for service. Is your issue similar to the one in the following thread? http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/50840-p95-feed-ramp-defect.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Check the archives for this same "knotch". It has been talked about several times and I don't think it ever caused a problem with anyones feeding of ammo. I think some have sent it back to get fixed, while others say if it aint broke, don't fix it. Welcome to the forum and from tennessee.

·
Finishing the Unfinished
253 Posts
I'm in charge of inspection of those parts after casting but before machining (starting about a month ago, anyway:)). If your defect is like the one in the previous thread, it never should have made it out of casting. I'd definitely call or email Prescott and have it taken care of, whether it causes feed issues or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts