Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 10/22 (model 1287) that has the ATI tactical 6 position folding stock, flash hider etc from Kygunco.com. The only thing I can't find out is does it come with a Weaver or Picatinny rail to mount to the top of the receiver? It doesn't come with any sights but I have a Red Dot to mount that I took off my GSG 522 before I sold it. I don't mind buying a rail to mount but don't want to buy one if there is one in the box when the rifle shows up. If anyone has bought that model or knows if it comes with a rail I'd greatly appreciate any info I can get. TIA

·
Registered
38 Posts
Should be a weaver mount in the box , your sight should mount, if you need a pic, their are a few suppliers that have good ones available

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
It'll come with a rail to mount to your receiver. The receiver is drilled and tap to allow for rails and optics. Enjoy your new 10/22! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all who replied. I was hoping there was a rail supplied for the receiver. Now the next question, is there any way to attach a rail near the front of the forend so I can mount iron sights on this rifle?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The front hand guard is drilled on all four sides and should come with several short Picatinney rail sections to mount several things forward, if you wish. The picture only shows them mounted on the bottom and sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts