Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a receiver and trigger pack at a flea market today. I bought it for 25 bucks cause I want to do a 10/22 build. I stripped and cleaned the parts and noticed some interesting parts that were extra to the gun. I was going to replace the trigger pack anyway with a stock trigger.

Does anyone know what kind of parts I have here?

Attachments

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,554 Posts
The receiver is the serial numbered part. It should be marked with the manufacturer's name. Is what you have unmarked? Those don't look like Ruger parts to me. The hammer and trigger look rough and homemade. Good luck. A real Ruger receiver w/ bolt and trigger group is worth a good bit more than $25.00. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The receiver is ruger and dates to 1981/1982. The bolt is unmarked but my old ruger doesn't have the bolt marked either.
The trigger doesn't have a hammer. The pin that connects the trigger to the receiver goes thru and holds the back side of that trigger to the receiver.
Also their were washers cemented to the inside of the receiver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it knowing the trigger pack would probably need replacement, which I have a spare trigger pack lying around.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have an old Ruger receiver & trigger-housing, with a lot of "homemade" parts riding around inside. You can get a Ruger BX trigger assembly on e-bay for around $60.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The safety is missing to as are its spring and plunger. I agree that a new trigger group is required.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice buy on the receiver! Some spooky WECSOG (Wile E. Coyote School of Gun Smithin) on that trigger group and bolt. I would toss the trigger and bolt.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Ditch the trigger group and bolt (which you already knew).
The washers in the receiver were probably to take up slop in the housing to receiver fit.

·
Emperor
885 Posts
The trigger housing has been reworked by Bubba et. al. and has all kinds of extra holes drilled in it. Everything inside it appears home made. With no hammer, hammer spring, hammer strut, proper trigger and disconnector, trigger return spring and tenon, safety lever and safety detent spring and tenon, and secondary ejector you would basically have to replace every part that should be in the trigger housing, plus the pins.

Take the offered advice, throw it away, and buy something that works.

I have never seen a 10/22 bolt that looked like that. What is that metal lug thing sticking out of the top? I have my doubts about that bolt being usable.

Hopefully the receiver has not been buggered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gwp1. I will definitely have to cut up the trigger, bolt, and trigger housing.
I should probably contact atf to make sure the receiver is not a registered machine gun. If it is I would probably have to cut that up as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good thing is that the receiver is not a NFA item.
So now onto cutting the trigger, trigger housing, and bolt.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
you have a illegal machine gun open bolt conversion
loose the trigger pack fast. do a search on the web.
better yet cut it in to half.
Holey Moley....Open Bolt Machine Gun Conversion...I had only heard vague rumors they existed . There it is bigger than Dallas !
I'm sure Bubba has it all legally registered with BATF etc.
Thanks for posting...didn't expect to see one.

ccf1nd3r...aren't you interested in trying it out before disposal ?
I would be tempted...a little .
Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is depressing is that its illegal cause I would love to own a legal machine gun and at $25 its a steal but oh well. I would love to try it out but the last thing I want it to be caught with that.
I work at a gun store and we get automatic firearms probably once every 3 months. At one time we had a DHS employee bring his issued M4 and always let anyone shoot it (of course with government ammo.)
I will probably find somewhere to legally shoot a full auto 10/22 at some point (as I think that I once accidentally owned one for 2 days)

Well now its cutting time.

At least I get to keep the receiver!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts