Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just got my Volquartzen accurizing kit for my MK IV Lite, i got the kit called MK IV and installed all parts as said in the instructions.
The trigger is really smooth and great and all seems well, i guess that if you can draw the bolt and fire all is well ?

However i fell like i got a issue i havent had before, when i pull the bolt its really tight i have to pull really hard on it (the pistol is new so that might be part of that problem)
But if i slingshot release the bolt there is really no issue either, but if i pull the bolt and follow slowly with the bolt it kind of "kinks" it gets a little bit jammed ? Dont know if this makes sence ? If i however let the bolt go when its in the "tighter/jammed" position it release as it should and i can fire ! Is this just because there are new internals ? Should i go to the range and just fire it and see what happens ? I only put like 300 rounds through it so ?

And i only dryfired it atm,

Also in the instruction it states that there is a black shim supposed to be installed between the sear and the sear spring, this aplies to 22/45 only ... has anyone ever seen this shim its supposed to be black !

Maybe im just worried for nothing ?

Thanks for all input in the matter,

Regards from Sweden :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Skanerost,
Did you happen to notice if the bolt worked without kinks before installing the Volquartsen kit? How smoothly does the bolt work now if you separate the barrel/receiver from the frame?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well im not really sure, but it seems that the olt just gets smoother and smoother without and damage to parts so i guess it just needs to get "driven" in :)

The bolt runs just fine and smooth released from the frame, and the bolt runs just fine on the frame as long as im a bit more firm and dont release the bolt gently.
Thanks for your reply !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Skanerost,
If you’re feeling a varying drag on the bolt with no mag or ammo in the gun, I think the hammer rubbing on the bottom of the bolt might be the source. Either the bottom of the bolt is not really smooth where it slides against the top corner of the hammer or maybe the upwards pressure of the hammer on the bottom of the bolt is making the bolt drag at a spot somewhere in the receiver. I’d expect things to get smoother with use if that’s the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts