Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm new here to forums. But I have a question I guess.

I recently purchased a Ruger American Pistol in 45 AUTO, Ruger Sku# 08618. In my opinion it is a very well put together Handgun, I love it.

My question is: Has anyone heard of or seen a GOLDEN one. I recently had some work done and now I'm trying to see what the value of this thing would be or what someone would potentially buy it for. Also just wanted to show it off to the ruger community. It's my favorite and I hope you guys like it too. Please IF ANYONE ELSE HAS SOMETHING LIKE THIS PLEASE SHARE WITH ME! ID LOVE TO SEE IT!

Would love some feedback. Maybe a shootout from RUGER ON IF IT LOOKS Okay!

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
No idea on value, probably looking for a very specific buyer for a custom piece like that.

It does look cool! The black and gold contrast works well.

I've seen that in the movies and whatnot but curious if it's just for a show piece or would it hold up to normal use?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Very sharp.

As far as the value?

I'm not sure there is a big market for the Ruger American 45 in gold plate with custom engraving.

I suspect the added value to this particular pistol is rather low.

Custom work is great for getting a customized pistol but not very good for increasing resale value.

·
Registered
603 Posts
if it's just for a show piece or would it hold up to normal use?
I have seen some gold plated gun parts and no , it does not hold up to actual use . Bad part is how bad it looks when it does get a few rub marks on it .
Sorry for bluntness but you asked . No use for it here. Gold bling on a utility gun screams gang-banger to me.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
That kind of customization can drop the resale value of a gun. Best done for the purposes of the customizer keeping their very personalized gun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, I'm new here to forums. But I have a question I guess.

I recently purchased a Ruger American Pistol in 45 AUTO, Ruger Sku# 08618. In my opinion it is a very well put together Handgun, I love it.

My question is: Has anyone heard of or seen a GOLDEN one. I recently had some work done and now I'm trying to see what the value of this thing would be or what someone would potentially buy it for. Also just wanted to show it off to the ruger community. It's my favorite and I hope you guys like it too. Please IF ANYONE ELSE HAS SOMETHING LIKE THIS PLEASE SHARE WITH ME! ID LOVE TO SEE IT!

That baby need to be shown here:

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,441 Posts
I bought my gold plated commemorative guns on consignment at a LGS for about one-third their original price. They had been on consignment for over a year. I made ridiculous offers and they were accepted.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel

Product Rectangle Trigger Wood Font

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No idea on value, probably looking for a very specific buyer for a custom piece like that.

It does look cool! The black and gold contrast works well.

I've seen that in the movies and whatnot but curious if it's just for a show piece or would it hold up to normal use?
It holds up to normal use, doesnt really get hot or ruin it. Put like 4 mags thru and still cold. Probably the most reliable firearm I have still. Have yet to see any issues with use.

·
Exchequer
5,125 Posts
It's not bad looking, IMO. But it ain't my particular taste; gold plating on guns, that is.

As others have said, I don't think it will necessarily increase the value to the average gun owner. However, the right buyer might come along who can appreciate its uniqueness.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Wow not bad looking, just not my style and probably a niche market for sale. My three gold plated are gone except the 1920 Luger. Had a M1 Carbine WWII and a Army commemorative 1911, that I sold last year during the panic buying. Made good profit on both. Will not let the Luger go, to much fun to shoot in the .30 caliber. Goes with my P89X's in the same caliber. I shoot the Luger quite often and the gold has held up well, but its not is a high wear area except the trigger. The carbine and 1911 were never fired.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument Air gun Gun barrel

Creative arts Trigger Wood Gun barrel Air gun

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,622 Posts
My buddy got a great deal on a two-tone Taurus PT-1911 .38 Super in black w/ gold plated controls. CDNN had them on close out and he couldn't resist. I like his "pimp gun", and it still looks great after much shooting. His pistol is just a range toy and has never been subjected to carry use.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here is a nice Desert Eagle. The guy said he paid a few thousand for it. Funny, he never let us shoot it. I wonder why? lol.

Sleeve Shotgun Electric blue Zipper Denim

Sky Water Sunglasses Gesture Goggles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts