Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a good thread going about personal weapons on bases and housing.

My question is what is the deal/regs about personal weapons on deployment/combat?

Seen it in the movies such as Band of Brothers where a revolver was sent to a trooper right before "D" Day. Can a man today in the military purchase his own 1911 or ruger, glock, revolver, or whatever and carry it in a combat zone????????

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm not in the military, deputy, but I have a magazine here, Handgunner Tactical 2008 special edition that has an article written by Massad Ayoob. The article is written about Dave Lauck of D&L Sports. In it Dave talks about service personel buying their own custom 45's for duty. So although I don't know for a fact that they can, according to the story they can. The one tested for the article was sent afterwards to it's owner in the middle east.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Officially no. It would be hard to get your personal weapon into a combat situation in the Regular Army. As Regular Army goes through tight customs, and inspections before being deployed. You will probably even get a court martial if your caught by customs or even your own unit.

Special Operation Units are a breed of their own, and pretty much do as the want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts