Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any problems with the Serial # disappearing after getting it blasted in preparation for coating.

I've been wanting to get mine blackened (either coated or Melonited), but have held off in fear of the serial # being obscured due to the shallow laser etching.

I've only come across one example of a coated SR and couldn't get a good glimpse of the number, but the other etchings looked fine. Seems that the slide etchings are much deeper than the frame etchings.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Wow.., you have a sr1911..., thats a feat in itself.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I left mine just the way it came from the factory so far!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it May of 2011. Waited years for Ruger to come out with such a thing. Heard tell they was gonna do it and told my local dealer to give me a call if he ever got one in. Figured it'd be years I'd be waiting for the call, but Lady Luck smiled on me. ;)

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Super90Girl just polished her SR1911 and did a fine job of it. You can reach her Public Profile here. I'm sure if you PM her, she'd be able to give you some info on the etchings.

This is the thread that started the whole discussion and she has some great photos and information on there.

Hope this helps you out!

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Super90Girl just polished her SR1911 and did a fine job of it. You can reach her Public Profile here. I'm sure if you PM her, she'd be able to give you some info on the etchings.

This is the thread that started the whole discussion and she has some great photos and information on there.

Hope this helps you out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts