Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!
I have a question that I'd like to put out to obtain your thoughts and opinions on with something. It deals with holsters in general, not necessarily with open carry / closed carry applications. Just a "what do you think about this holster" type of question...

I need your feedback on Fobus brand paddle holsters, generally speaking or specifically with these two models...

1) Fobus Model# C21 1911 Style Paddle Holster (for use with an SR1911)

2) Fobus Model# RUGP Evolution Paddle Holster (for use with a 4'' GP100)

I look forward for responses...

Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the Fobus Model# C21. Used it for USPSA when first got into matches. It was OK but as I advanced I decided to spend money and get better - a BladeTech. Much better fit, smoother draw, definitely more rigid. I'd say the Fobus is in the "get what you pay for" category.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have one non leather holster, an Uncle Mikes for a 4 inch model 19-4. One Galco leather IWB for a 1911. All the rest are Bianchi leather. IMHO Bianchi are the best buy for the money.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys for your responses.

I think I will look into Blade-Tech and Galco's holster offerings. I have these two Fobus holsters but I'm not really sure if I like them that much or not. There's so many choices of holsters it's overwhelming. I just wanted some help from the community members on potential tried and true candidates to shorten the list.

Thanks again!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I have bought BladeTech for every semi I own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts