Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some 9 mm and 40 S&W brass from Precision Brass. It came today. I put some 9 mm in the tumbler. I then decided I would sort out some of the 40 S&W brass by head stamp. I opened one of the 500 round bags and sorted it out. It is mostly Winchester with R-P and Federal in abundance. :)
OK, here is my question. Does anybody have any personal experience with CBC brass?? Does any one know hoe it holds up to multiple reloads? :confused:
I searched online and everyone said it is Magtek. Opinions vary, but most think is it OK brass. I hope it is, because there was 150 hulls in the bag of 500.
There were probably 50 to 75 mixed PPU, Geco, Aguila, Perfecta and GFL.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Evening Piedpiper46;

CBC brass--- Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos, Avenida Industrial No 3330, Santo Andre, Estado de Sâo Paulo, Brazil (ca'1997: Av Humberto de Compos 3220, 09400 000 Ribeirao Pires SP, Brazil)

I have re-loaded a fair amount of CBC & the brass itself seems to hold up good. The only (minor) issue I have had is some CBC primer pockets seem to be difficult to get primers to enter smoothly (they seat & stay in place OK though)

I have had to run some through my primer pocket conditioner, once that is done then no further issues.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gunner Bill. I was going to give them a try anyway and now i have more confidence that they will work out good.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Have picked up hundreds and hundreds of this CBC brass at ranges over the years. They reload fine. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
If I remember correctly, Magtech uses CBC brass. I have a bunch in .44 Magnum, all from Magtech...

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Evening Piedpiper46;

...The only (minor) issue I have had is some CBC primer pockets seem to be difficult to get primers to enter smoothly (they seat & stay in place OK though)

I have had to run some through my primer pocket conditioner, once that is done then no further issues....
+1

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies from those with experience.
I had already visited the "sticky" and researched the cbc head stamp online, I was just looking for those with any experience with that brass.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I reload them 4 - 5 times. Then convert them to 9x18 makarov and let them go. Good brass, and the primer pockets stay tight.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I have CBC brass in 38 special and 44 Mag. All of them have been fired once as factory ammo and eleven times as my reloads. All is holding up just fine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a few hundred 44mag and 45colt that I have lost count on the number of times it has been reloaded. All have been light loads but I have had zero problems with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most of my 45ACP and some of my 9mm brass are CBC (which I bought as Magtech bulk factory ammo). So far they reload just fine, tho I haven't reloaded them many times.

I'd be more worried about the GFL (aka Fiocchi) brass. Fiocchi tends to punch the flash hole WAY off center, and as I inspect cases, I've found a lot of my Fiocchi 9mm has developed what looks like a stress mark near the head--after only firing the factory load. :(

·
Banned
53 Posts
Reloaded many, many of them in .45 ACP. No problems that could be traced to the brass.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I reload them in .454 cassul my oldest lot has 7 loads on them still going fine. Then aren't super hot loads, but they are holding up just as well as my Hornady brass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts