Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The p89 was my first hand gun ,The original one was stolen when they broke into my house a few years ago. The first one was sweet , The replacement I got for it has always had a problem with the slide moving quite a bit,[it s way loser than other autos I have]In some cases If I shake the gun , you can actually hear it rattle,Is this normal for the p89? Gun shoots some what well , I did have to change the sites out to bomars to get the thing to shoot . Its pretty old think I should send it back to ruger.?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My P89 is a '94. Sweet gun that I shoot better than all the others I own. No rattles in mine, awesome fit and finish for a 18 year old gun. Back to Ruger may be the answer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup at one point i did take it back to local gun shop, there answer was`its a ruger its design is to go bang !loose as a goose`! well I left it at that then, seems that is y I had to change the sights out , suckers loose. Well I will give it ago , n see what happens ,

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a 2007 vintage P89 that I purchased brand new. There is some slide-to-frame looseness, and some rattles when shaken, but nothing inordinate. I believe that the accuracy inherent to the P85/P89 has much more to do with the barrel-to-slide fit than the slide-to-frame tightness. For what it's worth, I routinely get 1" to 1.5" groups with mine, with absolute reliability.

I'd suggest simply shooting (and benching, if necessary/desired) yours, and see how it does-I suspect you'll be quite satisfied.

Best, Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts