Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone new to this site so it will be my first post here. I was hoping maybe some of you will be able to help me with what i should to do fix the problem i am having, which is: i got a ruger p95 a few months ago and the DA trigger felt fine, i am not sure if i did something wrong,but, when dry firing in DA the hammer wont release until i start relieving the pressure on the trigger (without magazine in). i am prettty sure that it wasnt like that when i first got it and i havent had the chance to take it to the range since the problem has been occuring. would a reduced pull hammer spring help the problem? thanks for any help

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've noticed that without a magazine, when I retract the slide, my P95 sometimes won't move all the way into battery, unless I give the slide a little extra push. And if the safety is on, then the hammer doesn't decock either until I give that slide that little extra push. So what I am suggesting is that maybe you are dry firing without the gun in battery. Just a guess.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts