Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a stainless speed six online with a different looking finish. It appears to be a matt finish, unlike the finish on my four stainless six series revolvers. I have read about the target grey finish Ruger offered on some revolvers but don't know which ones or how far back it was offered. Did any speed sixes have this finish? Maybe this gun was bead blasted later? Anyone have a picture of the target grey finish on any Ruger?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The target grey is not a coating. It puts a matte finish on the stainless parts by tumbling them in an unspecified medium. Ruger is lately replacing it on some guns, particularly LCRs, with an actual coating called Ionbond DiamondBlack. This coating is not made by Ruger.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
With the Six series having been discontinued for so many years that makes all of them at least just as old.

Since they've been around that long and had that many owners, who knows what they've been through.

I think the other posts are correct. The Sixes came either blued or SS. There were no Talo editions or such 'factory' or 'distributor' modifications that I'm aware of.

Others might know better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts