Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in getting one of the 5819 models also , but having trouble trying to figure out what year they were manufactured and if they have they have been tapped for a top rail. Cant seem to find any good info on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a 581 series that I believe was made in 2012, at least that's when I got it. It is not tapped for a rail. Now my 582 was made in 2013 and is tapped for mounting a rail. Now the 581 is a tactical model and the 582 is a ranch model

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was interested in getting one of the 5819 models also , but having trouble trying to figure out what year they were manufactured and if they have they have been tapped for a top rail. Cant seem to find any good info on them.
i am not sure when ruger started drilling the holes for the new top rail, but my new mini tactical has this and it is pretty nice addition imo. the only negative is the limited amount of rail space. but it is still a very good option....i used it to mount a burris FF and it works GREAT! i think it definitely gives a few more options for optics. and the rail is cut for bolt removal, so no worries there. :)

i wish my older mini had this also. :eek:

btw, my tactical is a new stainless like the one you pictured. i absolutely LOVE this gun!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I have a 581 Ranch and it's not tapped.

You can always call the store in which you intend to purchase it from and ask.

A gunsmith can also tap the receiver to take a rail.

Or, you can get a GG&G rail that attaches to the scope scallops (if the recievee isn't tapped).

Tons of options if the rifle you want isn't meeting your wants. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just purchased a new Mini 14 tactical SS model 5819 , and was really impressed with the accuracy of this weapon . Tight 1.5 inch groups at 100 yds.' from sandbag position . Much improved from my older models and this series is the new 584 series.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes they are

·
Registered
768 Posts
They are currently produced so a new one will be a 584 Series produced in 2018. All the info you want is on Ruger's website HERE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts