Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I am looking for larger grips to use on my 150-series Security Six .357. After having done some research online, but without any personal experience in the matter, it seems that along the way I read that some aftermarket Redhawk grips might have a frame profile similar to the early 150-series.

Does anyone have any experience with such grips swaps?

Thanks for listening!

Adam

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't believe the grips interchange. Keep an eye out on the auction sites for Herrett Shooting Star grips for the 150 Series Security Six. They're out there but not easy to find. You may want to check their website, herrettstocks.com or give them a call. They produced the best grips ever made for the 150's.

Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grips 150 series

Thanks ADP3. I will keep looking!

·
Super Moderator
21,415 Posts
Grips for the 150 series are out there but become more scarce as time passes. You can take a set of Pachmayr's for the 151 series and with a lot of dremel work make them fit a 150 series. It's a bit tedious and at one spot you will get down to the metal reinforcement for the grip but they will fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, I've got a pair of old stock Siles target grips as well as Herrett target grips on the way for my 150-series SS. Once they arrive, I'll share some pics of how they fit!

Adam

·
Registered
323 Posts
Adam,
Outstanding. You hit a homerun finding those. Look forward to your pics.

Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Herrett and Siles grips for 150-series SS

I'm going to try and attach a couple images I grabbed of the Siles and Herrett aftermarket grips I acquired. These are for my 150-series Security Six. Thanks for looking!
Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'73 150-series SS and Siles target grips

So here's the old '73 150-series SS wearing the "new" old stock Siles 092 target grips. Made in Italy!!! LOL

Thanks for looking
Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes those Siles grips look nice as I also had those on one of my 150 series Security-Sixes! Your Herretts grips should have the RSS code on the back(Ruger Security Six)to enable them to fit your 150 series Security-Six....but if the code is RNSS(Ruger New Security-Six)then they will only fit the 151 and up series Security-Six with the new frame!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like those Siles grips on that gun. Looks good.
Thanks, Steve - I like the fit and feel so much better than the "Dragnet" style original grips, but then again I am interested in absorbing recoil, after all!

I believe my Herrett's are indeed the RNSS, meant for the 151-series SS. Not too big of a deal, probably keep them for another SS once I find another.

This SS is gonna be a great partner with my new 16" Rossi M92 clone! .38/.357 pistol/carbine fun!

Adam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts