Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice clean 10/22 1976 or '77, very nice looking, no magazine though, they want about $270 for it.

would that be a pretty good price ????

thanks for any quick help

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Nice clean is vague on the condition. Even if it were NIB with all the paperwork I think its overpriced for a standard carbine.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I just paid $239 for a brand new carbine with synthetic stock and fiber optic sights from a LGS here in San Diego. But you need to decide if having one is more important than getting the best deal possible.

edit: what I mean by "just" is earlier this week

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Needless to say or add: way over priced.

Shop I work in: NIB $200.

They're just riding the wave of hype.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I'd have asked for better details as to exactly what stock it had, etc. Regardless, for a basic birch carbine, no way. I don't bother picking one up if it's tagged at over $200 and unless there's something really as a bonus, unless it's $175 or less, I don't bother.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Seems high from what I have seen but it's all about supply and demand right now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cabella's has the wood stock with blue barrel for $229, that was of last week in East Grand Forks, ND.. I bought a used one that had never been shot from them for only $199. So they are still on shelves/racks, it just depends on wither you want an older model or newer one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where are you guys finding these 10/22's I am in N.Y. and can not find them anywhere. Even internet search gives me nothing but sold out. I make calls and nothing but sold out and they don't know when they will be getting more. I have a 10/22 takedown USA edition but want a carbine. If anyone has any info can you please pass it on. Thanks

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Where are you guys finding these 10/22's I am in N.Y. and can not find them anywhere. Even internet search gives me nothing but sold out. I make calls and nothing but sold out and they don't know when they will be getting more. I have a 10/22 takedown USA edition but want a carbine. If anyone has any info can you please pass it on. Thanks
I case you hadn't noticed there is a bit of a run on guns lately. It seems Obummer is ruffling the sheets again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts