Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the SR-556 took .223 ammo. I asked a lot of my friends about it and I got a lot of mixed answers, both yes, no, and even maybe. I just only recently got into guns, though I am not purchasing an SR-556 I was just curious about it for a server I was in. If one of you could help me out please I'd appreciate it a lot, thank you.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I was wondering if the SR-556 took .223 ammo. I asked a lot of my friends about it and I got a lot of mixed answers, both yes, no, and even maybe. I just only recently got into guns, though I am not purchasing an SR-556 I was just curious about it for a server I was in. If one of you could help me out please I'd appreciate it a lot, thank you.
Short answer, yes it will shoot .223 ammo

·
Registered
588 Posts
Anything marked .556 will take .223. Not all marked .223 will take .556. Ruger specifies in their owners manuals. Don't rely on "friends" info. I used to sell rock climbing equipment in a former life. Guys were always saying" well my friend said", but I always asked if the "friend" was offering to pay for a funeral or raise someone else's kids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts