Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wall have our little quirks I'm sure gun related or not. Some of mine are I weight every charge twice.Clean primer pockets, use my Lee 4 turret press as a single stage.Use a filler for my 45 Colt loads clean guns after every use. Shoot all my guns every time I go to the range But my biggest is since I was a teen, I never go to bed the same day I wake up. Which drives my wife cravy. Those are just a few of mine. Lets hear some of yours.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,490 Posts
I was looking for a discussion of sub atomic particles, but I guess I will need to find a physics forum. As far as quirks go I think we all have them. I like ammo in boxes. Bulk .22lr is ok, but centerfire needs to be boxed individually. I feel like I need a "full set" of accouterments for each gun (case, holster, sling, bipod, etc.) because I hate moving things around. Once a scope is zeroed I rarely remove it unless it breaks. If you want to see me freak out let me find ropes or extension cords not coiled up after use. I go nuts.;)

·
Registered
11,059 Posts
@Nam Vet ... some of what you call quirks in my mind are just proper procedure. The going to bed thing now that's a quirk for sure brother. I'm a bit OC in a few things. I guess the one thing that drives my wife crazy is when i clear the snow off the drive i clear every square inch even though we don't walk or use every square inch.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the going to bed thing is a real quirk. It never gave me a problem except during Basic training and and AIT. When the DI said "light out" he really meant it. In Never Never Land sleep was lets just say up for grabs.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I have to have all my dash vents equal in all our cars. When parked, the steering wheel spokes must be level. Drives my wife nuts!!

·
Super Moderator
4,837 Posts
Yup, light switches. I will litterally walk through a dark room because I would rather flip the switch that will put all the switches in the proper position. But then again, you can boil my job title down to accountant to give you a bit of insight into my thought process when I say this next thing. My wife (she was my girlfriend at the time) watched me change the oil on one of my dirt bikes. After I was all done and had everything cleaned up, she accused me of being “meticulous to a fault.” Complement accepted.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,457 Posts
I am the same with light switches.

My guns have to be cleaned before going in the safes after shooting them.

My vehicles have to be parked straight in the driveway. Same with my fire engine at work.

My gas gauge never goes below 3/4 full without being filled back up, drives the wife nuts.

Pictures have to be straight on the walls. Can't stand something crooked.

Even my collection of model railroad trains and rolling stock are grouped by its road names like union pacific, norfolk southern, csx, norfolk western, etc.

No short stuff on the tall shelf in the refrigerator either.

Just to name a few, im sure their are others just those cone to mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts