·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday night tv

Football
"I'm out here to make the Red Rifle look like a Red Ryder BB Gun." - JJ Watt

Gotham
"You know what I like about glasses? They look like bullseyes." - Det. Jim Gordon

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds "Firefly"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gunnie Highway from Hearbreak Ridge - "the only thing that'll beat you to the brig is the headlights on the ambulance you'll be riding in"

My buddy - "I used to pay good money to feel like this"

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
"No matter where you go, there you are!"
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Here are a few to ponder....

"Its what you do in a heard, you help each other" == Manny from Ice Age

"The best diplomat I know is a fully-activated phaser bank." == Scotty from Star Trek

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't" == Anonymous?

"Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." == Kirk, Star Trek

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life." == Anonymous?

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." == D. Larson

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." == Mark Twain

"Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" == Picard, TNG

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." == R. W. Emerson

"Son, I don't want you fighting. But, if you find yourself in one, you hit the other guy so hard the first time that he won't get back up for a second one." == Dad.

"Treat every gun like its loaded. Otherwise, you have to be right every time and you only get to be wrong once." == Dad.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Just remembered another...

"We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police."

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Michael Corleone {Godfather}

·
Registered
746 Posts
I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the American people. If America shows uncertainty and weakness in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch.

-George W. Bush

"not Elmer Fudd, Elmer Keith."

-Hickok45

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
"If the women can't find you handsome, at least they can find you handy" -- Redd Green

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nothing is foolproof, because fools are so ingenious. Murphy

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Old. Not obsolete." - The Terminator: Genisys

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life." == Anonymous
I just read that last weekend and it was supposed to be John Lennon's although one can't always trust the internet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sgt Maj, "Lock a Marine Grunt in a padded room with a steel ball bearing, and he'll still break it."

Me, "break what?"

Sgt Major, "the ball bearing AND the padded room."

He's the one who broke the tank, tore the tracks off on a joy ride. Was a Staff Sergeant at the time.

·
Registered
954 Posts
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Benjamin Franklin

"Son, let this be a lesson to you. Never do tequila shooters within a country mile of a marriage chapel." - Al Bundy

"Nothing doth more hurt in a state than that cunning men pass for wise." -Francis Bacon

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -Bill Watterson (in his comic strip Calvin & Hobbes)

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong."

H.L. Mencken (variously quoted)

·
Super Moderator
21,696 Posts
That reminds me of one from my Primary Care Dr.:

For every incurable disease there is an unworkable treatment.

Couple of my favorites:

Go put your creed into your deed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. ~Mark Twain

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
From the movie Unforgiven

Fatty Rossiter: It was already loaded. Jesus, Clyde, you have three pistols and you only have one arm for Christ's sake.
Clyde: Well I just don't want to be killed for lack of shootin' back.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts