Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Q. What do you call two straight days of rain in Seattle?
A. A weekend.

It only rains twice a year in Seattle:
August through April and May through July.

Q. What does daylight-saving time mean in Seattle?
A. An extra hour of rain.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Is that why everyone that lives in Seattle has webbed feet? :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
They've had their share of gun violence in the last few years. Makes me wonder if Vitamin D deficiency is a thread in that cord.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,385 Posts
In Northwest Oregon, we don't tan, we rust.

Last year in Portland, 43 people fell off their bicycles and drowned.

We forcast the weather here by looking at Mt. Hood. If you can see it, it is going to rain. If you can't see it, it is raining.

When I first moved here, I thought I was at the North Pole. When I was a boy scout, they told me that moss only grows on the north side of a tree. Every tree I saw had moss alll the way around it.

The Oregon State animal is the Slug.

There is a chance of rain through September.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The northwest is a beautiful part of the country but I don't think I could handle all of the clouds and rain. I must say I do enjoy our 300 sunny days a year here in Colorado.

·
Registered
303 Posts
In Vancouver BC, you don't drive to work you swim.

Just when summer starts warming up and you get used to the sunshine. The local fair starts in August and brings rain with it.

If it's not raining, wait an hour.

It's so bad here people from Portland and Seattle go...DAMN you guys get a lot of rain!

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Vancouver BC, you don't drive to work you swim.

Just when summer starts warming up and you get used to the sunshine. The local fair starts in August and brings rain with it.

If it's not raining, wait an hour.

It's so bad here people from Portland and Seattle go...DAMN you guys get a lot of rain!
The only place wetter than Vancouver is the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.:D

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
LimaCharlie said:
We forecast the weather here by looking at Mt. Hood. If you can see it, it is going to rain. If you can't see it, it is raining.
That's almost like Wyoming and the wind. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
You don't want to move to Seattle! It rains all the time!! Don't move here!......It sucks!.......Just kidding........this place is "OUTSTANDING!"........you have the ocean,the mountains,fresh water,salt water, a rain forest[the only indigenous one in the U.S.],the eastern half of state is dry and hot in summer[100+,no/limited trees],temps not to hot in summer not that cold in the winter. By the numbers we don't really get that much rain in a year,the record is like 2' in one day. We just get it alittle at a time for weeks [like today] low clouds,rain,fog,drizzle.............only 6 more months........till spring......

·
Registered
457 Posts
Then there is this:

Or this one:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You don't want to move to Seattle! It rains all the time!! Don't move here!......It sucks!.......Just kidding........this place is "OUTSTANDING!"........you have the ocean,the mountains,fresh water,salt water, a rain forest[the only indigenous one in the U.S.],the eastern half of state is dry and hot in summer[100+,no/limited trees],temps not to hot in summer not that cold in the winter. By the numbers we don't really get that much rain in a year,the record is like 2' in one day. We just get it alittle at a time for weeks [like today] low clouds,rain,fog,drizzle.............only 6 more months........till spring......
Its been raining, no pouring down rain all day.:mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seattle must be one of those weird places where they keep water in their rivers all year long. Never understood why they would want to.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Seattle averages approx. 37 inches of rain each year.
That doesn't even come close to the top 10.

Rank City and State Annual Avg. Rainfall
1...... Mobile, AL................ 67″
2...... Pensacola, FL........... 65″
3...... New Orleans, LA....... 64″
4...... West Palm Beach, FL 63″
5...... Lafayette, LA............. 62″
6...... Baton Rouge, LA....... 62″
7...... Miami, FL................. 62″
8.......Port Arthur, TX.......... 61"
9......Tallahassee, FL.......... 61″
10.....Lake Charles, LA....... 58″

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Rain..... forgotten what it looks like..... :confused:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seattle averages approx. 37 inches of rain each year.
That doesn't even come close to the top 10.

Rank City and State Annual Avg. Rainfall
1...... Mobile, AL................ 67″
2...... Pensacola, FL........... 65″
3...... New Orleans, LA....... 64″
4...... West Palm Beach, FL 63″
5...... Lafayette, LA............. 62″
6...... Baton Rouge, LA....... 62″
7...... Miami, FL................. 62″
8.......Port Arthur, TX.......... 61"
9......Tallahassee, FL.......... 61″
10.....Lake Charles, LA....... 58″
The problem isn't really with the rain. Its with the lack of sunshine. A typical January day may only bring .001 inches of rain. But you get .001 inches everyday in January. The sun never comes out and it never drys out.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The problem isn't really with the rain. Its with the lack of sunshine. A typical January day may only bring .001 inches of rain. But you get .001 inches everyday in January. The sun never comes out and it never drys out.
The sun is evil.
I lived in Seattle for 40 years. I hated it.
It is a big crowded dirty city with traffic jams up to your eyeballs.
At least the rain cleaned the streets.

I moved 90 miles south to a rural area with actual live cows and horseys and donkeys and other smelly 4 legged things.
Life is bliss now. I wake up and see angels putting the drops of dew on my Marigolds .
There are Harley motorcycles everywhere and at least 5% of the people are carrying.
I have done gone and went to heaven.:D

Say hi to the mayor for me. (He's such a dork)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The sun is evil.
I lived in Seattle for 40 years. I hated it.
It is a big crowded dirty city with traffic jams up to your eyeballs.
At least the rain cleaned the streets.

I moved 90 miles south to a rural area with actual live cows and horseys and donkeys and other smelly 4 legged things.
Life is bliss now. I wake up and see angels putting the drops of dew on my Marigolds .
There are Harley motorcycles everywhere and at least 5% of the people are carrying.
I have done gone and went to heaven.:D

Say hi to the mayor for me. (He's such a dork)
I don't actually live in Seattle but rather rural King County. Its common to see a lot of wild four-legged animals around here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Evergreen State: It's not the trees, it's the moss and mold.

We do have 2 seasons, though - Winter and August.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I don't actually live in Seattle but rather rural King County. Its common to see a lot of wild four-legged animals around here.
I lived in Kirkland for 23 years while working in the Seattle area hospitals.
Moved out to Bothell for 8 years, retired and then escaped a little to the south.
Retirement is good.:D

Our son lives in Mill Creek. He says the traffic is insane now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts