Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its finally stopped, of course we will need some more rain but not for a while. Its still wet so we don't need any more right now.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Same here, Snuffy. :)
I'm afraid that when it quits, its gonna' be a long, hot summer! :(

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
We anin't had any rain here for 3 weeks. No need to mow the yard this week.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey, Snuffy? Stopped? What a beautiful storm this morning...love that lightning and wind....slowed now to a gentle rain that'll soak in...God is good....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Seems like we got all of our rain back in the Spring. Didn't think it was ever going to stop then. Now except for about a 20 minute sprinkle a week ago it's been quite a spell now and we could use some. Predictions for showers and isolated thunderstorms late yesterday but all we got was is a few clouds and a bit of wind. Supposed to be a 50% chance today but the Sun is shining brightly right now and we're enjoying some of that Ohio Valley humidity. At least the grass isn't growing much, just turning brown.:)
Baker

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Well, i missed gettin on most of Sat. due to a storm. Lots of lighting and rain. In my area it seems that one storm will knock everything out. If it ain't the phone lines, its the electricity.And it will usually be the whole town. But---wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by deputy125

Well, i missed gettin on most of Sat. due to a storm. Lots of lighting and rain. In my area it seems that one storm will knock everything out. If it ain't the phone lines, its the electricity.And it will usually be the whole town. But---wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
I can understand where you're coming from. Although it's gotten a lot better in the last few years, the area We live in had those problems sometime back. A few sprinkles and everything went off. Anywhere from a few days to a week or more. Alway kept a good supply of canned chili, soups and other stuff but the main thing I missed was a decent cup of coffee. Cowboy coffee is OK but Mr. Coffee does it mo better.[8D]
Baker

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sheepdog its ligthened and thunder but so far no rain. We may get some later tonite, guess I'l see in the morning.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We've had our share of rain. North of us 4.5 hours in Aberdeen...lots of flooding...car window high...not good. Need rain for crops but not this much. Rain is probably better than a drought, however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts