Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ah, rainy days. Great for staying in, reading a book, doing a puzzle, putting together a model airplane or cleaning weapons. Took my 84-yr-old next-door neighbor, Dead-Eye Bob, across the street to the range so we could tear up some vintage Sears targets (you can find 'em online). He likes our Tues morning outings at the range. Says his wife drives him nuts and shredding paper targets keeps him sane - LOL! I love my Bearcats, btw... this one had languished under the counter at a LGS, so i got it NIB for half-off MSRP - of course, this was before the plague and the Marxist takeover.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
If I'm understanding right, the range is across the street? That's a bonus right there. Closest indoor for me is 10 minutes from my abode ...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I'm understanding right, the range is across the street? That's a bonus right there. Closest indoor for me is 10 minutes from my abode ...
i feel pretty lucky - there are actually four ranges w/in 10 minutes of the abode here - one is an outdoor range (membership is $200/yr)... this particular range is only $160/year, no time limit, ammo available, etc... only bad thing is no rifles/carbines except for rimfire...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've been waiting a lifetime to get a deal on a Bearcat like you did. Blued or stainless, I'm easy to please!

All ranges, indoor or outdoor, are about an hour drive for me. But I've been going to these places for many years & really like it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Those original targets are pricey on eBay, I don't remember those, even though the Sears catalog was one of the best read books in my house.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I downloaded most of the Sears targets and just print them out before going to the range. I like the squirrel and rabbit targets best and there a couple of different squirrel and rabbits that you can find online.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
There used to be several on line sources to down-load and print all kinds of cool targets.
I know Midway USA has printable targets , my favorite , here are a few links ...
there are more , do a search

www.nssf.org
www.targets.ws
www.accurateshooter.com
www.midwayusa.com

Print them out on cheap school construction paper ... the soft paper cuts clean holes with WC's and SWC's . I bought a large pack of white construction paper at school supply store and it works great .
Gary

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I downloaded most of the Sears targets and just print them out before going to the range. I like the squirrel and rabbit targets best and there a couple of different squirrel and rabbits that you can find online.
yep, downloaded and printed - i then use leftover stickies so i can see hits on the 10 ring - hard to do for me! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts