Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year our kids are entering shooting sports in their 4-H club, which has given me a good excuse to get two new 10/22's. All they had at the store were the SS all-weather models, so that's what we got. Our youngest is real small, so I got him a little Crickett.

We're finding it necessary to "shop around" for the best 4-H group. The first one we tried (in the above pics) didn't fit well with our kids. This group catered to city kids and they were kind of snooty. The adults were rough and also kind of snooty. This past Saturday we tried another group pictured below. It was their airgun meeting, but they have .22 this next Saturday. The kids weren't planning on doing airgun, but they had so much fun, they changed their minds. My oldest daughter's groups were pretty impressive considering she was using a gun that she had never shot. (The leader turned to the teenage boy in the group and said "I'd like to see you shoot a group like that." The kid said he could beat it with his .22 next week. So the challenge is on!) My kids loved the group, and the leader was great. We look forward to meeting with them again. I like the way they're getting taught good shooting and safety habits. I shoot with my kids a lot, but I'm not the best at teaching them.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
i taught all my daughters to shoot and look forward to teaching my grandson. 2 of my 4 nieces shoot and our club has a junior club.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Awesome! Just introduced my youngest daughter to the 10/22TD!

·
Registered
127 Posts
4-H is a wonderful organization. I think it was 1958 when I joined, it set the brick and mortar foundation for my life. We had a great leader and did a lot of interesting things I still remember, like field trips to International Harvestor and John Deere maufacturing plants in Moline back in those days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts