Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of putting a little tool kit together to keep in my range bag. I'm just wondering what everyone else has for tools in there range bags? I have only had my license since April and only have three pistols, so I am still very new to all of this! I know there will be a few long guns in my future.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Leatherman, a nylon drift punch, and a small hammer.

·
Registered
803 Posts
A small Chapman screwdriver set and a set of standard and metric allen wrenches. I also have a GI steel breakdown cleaning rod and a few patches. Any more that that and I come home for the adjustments.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You don't need any more "tools" than what it takes to service the weapons you intend to carry to the range. Aside from that, maybe some cleaning stuff and a dowel to remove a squib

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Forgot to mention, my range is 50 yards from my back door. If I forget something it's not far away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx for the ideas. I do have an extra leatherman with a bit kit. I may order that little Winchester kit to throw in there also. I think I will also put a small bottle of gun lube in there to.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Small flashlight, oak dowel, Uplula loader and small screw driver for adjusting sights. Wood dowel has come in handy buy others shooting rentals. If you have a semi-auto the Uplula is a must.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Allen wrenches to fit: laser adjustment, rear sight set screw. Brownells' screwdriver with interchange tips, brush and oil (dirty ammo in revolvers causing ejection problems), boresight laser, small flashlight (to charge glow sights), armorer's block, nylon/brass hammer, brass and aluminum punch set, Uplula, flat blade screwdriver to take off mag bases. I use a backpack, easier to ruck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
A swiss army knife, a flashlight, a choke wrench, an old toothbrush, a plastic cleaning rod, some RemOil, some grease, a rag and a first aid kit. I think that's it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just an update. I picked up the winchester 8pc. cleaning kit. As I only have an SR22, LC9S, and 9mm Sheild I took all other caliber stuff out of the kit. What I have in it is, a patch hoop, 22 and 9mm jags, 22 and 9mm brass brushes, 22 and 9mm mops, and a dozen or so patches. Everything fits nicely inside the rod handle. I also have a small bottle of cleaner and a small bottle of oil along with a leatherman and bit kit. I think if I need more then this at the range, the problem gun will go back into the range bag and be delt with at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,171 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Uplula loader for semi auto pistols
Guess I forgot to mention it. I already have one. I used my stepdad's a few times at the range when I first got my license, and had to get one! Makes it so much easier!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts