Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new range bag, trying to figure out what to carry and where/how.

New MKIII fits in its rug, in the bag, but have to carry the TrueGlo RDS for it in a seperate compartment. Good idea or bad idea? SR40c is IWB and will NEVER see the new bag.

Basically lookin for ideas from others on how your bag is set up. Pics welcome!

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
I use the tool bags that you see at hardware stores.

I just got this one off the clearance rack at Sears a few weeks ago. Plenty of room for everything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent some $ and treated my Rugers to this:

Not tons of room, but the 2 rugs that came with it sold me.

What do you all actually take with you, and does anything have a permanent home in your bag?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
When I'm out for 4-6 hours I carry the Academy Competition Bag and I have a lot of room for my "stuff". In addition to ammo for two handguns, stuff includes a multitool, earmuffs, screwdriver set, notebook/pen, small first aid kit, small cleaning kit. The following bag has a removable center bag with bag for empty brass.

Academy - Academy Competition Range Bag

For an hour or two shooting practice at my local range I carry a smaller bag since I don't need as much "stuff". Two guns, ammo, mags, muffs, notebook/pen, toolkit, small binoculars, small first aid kit. Targets are carried in a Walmart bag. ;)

RedHead® Deluxe Pistol Range Bag | Bass Pro Shops

For a fun video watch George Carlin's "Place for Your Stuff"

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have a laptop shoulder bag as my range bag. It doesn't scream "GUN" when I carry it around. There are compartments for magazines, ammo, lube, and three main compartments. One for the pistol(s) I'm bringing, one for eyes and ears, the other for ammo.

Contents:
gun(s)
ammo
UpLula
IDPA membership card
eyewear
earwear (muffs and ear plugs)
Snap caps
spare magazines
spare holsters and mag pouches

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use the tool bags that you see at hardware stores.

I just got this one off the clearance rack at Sears a few weeks ago. Plenty of room for everything.

That is my choice as well. Rugged, holds everything plus it does not look like a bag full of guns and ammo. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts