Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a couple of hours at the range this morning shooting my SR9c, LC9 & SR22. Put around 150 rounds on each and:

SR9c - This is simply the absolute best pistol I've fired or at least the most accurate in my experience. I've done, not bettter; but much better with this pistol than with any Glock, Beretta, Caracal, S&W and others I've tried. Two rapid shots are dead on.

LC9 - This is my daily CC and although I really like the feel of it and the carry is perfect as far as comfort, I can't seem to get used to the trigger. I fell like I have to take a few seconds in order to get a decent grouping at 7 and 10 yards; wich is not good when you are relying on it for daily carry, especially with only 8 rounds. I definitely need more practice with it

SR22 - This was the first time shooting it and all I can say is, what a fun to shoot pistol. Accuracy was just as good as with the SR9c with just one fail, and it was due to ammo. Even at 15 yards it was as accurate as the c. If it wasn't because of the caliber; this will also be a nice daily carrier.

·
Registered
358 Posts
SR22 - This was the first time shooting it and all I can say is, what a fun to shoot pistol. Accuracy was just as good as with the SR9c with just one fail, and it was due to ammo. Even at 15 yards it was as accurate as the c. If it wasn't because of the caliber; this will also be a nice daily carrier.
I've always thought the same thing! The closest thing I could find to it was a Walther PK380, but it has some "unique" features I don't care for. The size is great though!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds to me like you should be carrying the SR9c than. It really is an easy gun to conceal.
I'm going to try CC the SR9c as soon as I can get a confortable holster w/mag for it. I currently carry the LC9 with a remora IWB w/mag or Gazelle OWB w/mag, Gazelle doesn't make one for the SR9c and I'll have to get the remora for SR9c to see how it will work out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm going to try CC the SR9c as soon as I can get a confortable holster w/mag for it. I currently carry the LC9 with a remora IWB w/mag or Gazelle OWB w/mag, Gazelle doesn't make one for the SR9c and I'll have to get the remora for SR9c to see how it will work out.
I have a Remora for my SR9c and it's now all I use. I didn't get the one with a sweat shield and wish I had.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Remora for my SR9c and it's now all I use. I didn't get the one with a sweat shield and wish I had.
I made the mistake of ordering a regular remora for the SR9c with the reinforced top and now wish I had not as it makes it uncomfortable. The remora for the LC9 w/o the reinforced top and with mag holder has been great. Thanks for the head's up on the sweat shield. Does yours have the extra mag?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also use my LC9 as my daily carry. I wish I could carry my SR9c everyday but I am very thin and fear I am printing. With cooler weather coming I will give it a try. I love everything about the SR9c. I also have a LCP for the days I wear shorts.
I am glad you had a great day at the range. Sounds like there are many more to come.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I could carry my SR9c everyday but I am very thin and fear I am printing. With cooler weather coming I will give it a try. I love everything about the SR9c.
I have the same issue but lately have put a few pounds so the IWB is getting tigh :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree....I love my SR22....I do carry it sometimes, but only when I have to....It is not the caliber that bothers me it is the magazine capacity. I just cannot justify the 10 rds when I can carry my glock with 17 rds of 9mm. 2 mags .22lr = 20rds vs. 2 mags 9mm = 34 rds...just can't rationalize it...I do carry the SR22, as I mentioned, in those cases when I cannot carry or it is too difficult to carry the G17 (20 rds is still better than throwing pens or loose change:))...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts