Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the range now. Put 21rds of 124gr thru my LC9s. Its locked up and apperars the guide assembly broke! 171rds been through this gun.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Seems like a number of individuals have trouble with what seems like an easy to re-engineer part. Doesn't seem to involve the larger metal tube part so I'm wondering if the rod could be re-designed to be a solid rod and threaded on the interior end?

·
Cat Herder
1,656 Posts
Here is a link for the Galloway Precision guide rod. I used some of their stuff on an SR9c, it seemed to be pretty good. Sure Feed Guide Rod Assembly for Ruger LC9s Pistols :: LC9s Performance Parts :: Ruger? Performance :: Galloway Precision

I would contact Ruger, have them get you a new part, then order the Galloway part. Use the Galloway part, keep the Ruger as a spare. It is ridiculous the short lifespan on such a part. The last two Rugers I've bought had to go back to Ruger (LCR 9mm needed new crane and cylinder due to extractor issues, LCR 22 WMR still with Ruger). If they are anything like the factory I used to be an engineer for, the more you run production over 100%, the higher the percentage of defective parts that left the building. Companies don't seem to get that working employees two and three weeks straight wears them out and they tend to not notice defects as easily.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Plastic?

Is that one of those plastic guns?

·
Registered
129 Posts
That sucks. I've got probably 2000 rounds through mine, never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That really does suck. I know Ruger will make it right but sad it was right new out of the box.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That really does suck. I know Ruger will make it right but sad it was right new out of the box.
Yeah. Bummed me out. Hoping to hear from Ruger Monday. Shot the gun i was thinking of buying before i got the Ruger. It was a M&P Shield my buddy had that was there with me. Great great gun, but i love that trigger on the LC9s so much. I still believe in Rugers craftsmanship and they will straighten this out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is where the problem lies. I cannot get the slide to even wiggle a short hair. Its locked up firmly. I think the disc that broke off the rod end is jammed inside the slide. What is the proper legal way to ship a firearm?

·
Registered
459 Posts
same thing happened to me on 2nd range trip... ca 80 rounds... wouldn't extract on an aluminum federal, frozen... when slide broke loose the whole skinny end of the guide rod just broke off at the base... really liked the gun, and now wish I'd gone with the shield or asked them at ruger (its there now) to trade me up to sr9c.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my defensive LC9s today. They said they replaced, grip frame, guide rod assembly, magazine latch, magazine latch spring, slide assembly, slide stop spring & barrel repaired. More fixing than I expected. 1 week turn around time :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts