Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Club had a workday last month and we got a few guys together with nail pounding skills to revamp our benches. I got to do the electrial work,(three 1500watt quartz floods). We brought in 180 tons of dirt last year for the birm. We've got a couple of portable benches, but are property bound so we can't shoot beyond 275yds.

Now to find time to enjoy the fruits of our labor... [8D]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hey 2Late! That is a nice lookin' range you have. I like the shade trees & the covered benches. Is it in a park? Looks like a picnic pavilion across from that house. Your club has a shooting range to be proud of. Do you have a pistol range there too?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We,(my Dad and friends), started the place in 1957 with just the pavillion and 11 acres on a state stocked Trout stream. The club has grown to 120 members,club-house,out buildings and mower shed. The well was sunk in 59 and electric was added. The club-house was built by members in 1999. We're planning a bash for the 50th anniversary in Sept.

We're about six miles outside of town, and right across the creek is a state Game Land. We do have deer,turkey in the yard almost weekly.
This past April on the opening day of Trout season, we got to see a Bald Eagle enjoy a trout lunch from the deck. If I can dig up the paper I'll post the photo. Glad you like my little slice of Heaven. Been coming out here since I was six years old....

That mess of clay and rail-road ties at the top of the 1st picture is the then unfinished 25yd back-stop for hand-guns.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way to many photos on cd's, couldn't find the article but fortunatly I scanened and saved to cd.

I grew-up here and learned to drive on the country back roads when I was 13. Dad and his friends would be cutting grass with a then new Gravely and send me to the local farmers for gas...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nice range there 2 late and the eagle that is nice too. thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Real nice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That is the best looking range I have ever seen. I am jealous of your nearly three hundred yard range. My local club only has a one hundred yard range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts