Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to shoot for 90 minutes today at the indoor pew pew.

Needless to say my Single Seven in 327 fm is a charm to shoot, using some powder coated 98 grain DEWC bullets in front of 3.5 grains of Unique.

Then JQ-52 (Ruger GP-100 in 44 special) didn't fail me either. Was trying out some poly coated bullets that were gifted to me by a fellow forum member and they left me wanting to shoot for 90 minutes more ...

All in all it was a good day ... the pictures speak for themselves I think ...
Font Technology Circle Publication Eyelash

Iris Font Cameras & optics Technology Circle
Font Material property Circle Electronic device Technology
Font Circle Recreation Number Advertising
Product Font Recreation Circle Design
Font Gas Technology Circle Advertising
Font Electronic device Circle Advertising Cameras & optics
Font Plant Gas Circle Cameras & optics
Eyelash Font Circle Graphics Advertising
Product Font Eyelash Beauty Technology

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,116 Posts
What a great range report! Great shooting guns and hand loads. All I could want is a picture of those nice revolvers. I am working so much I can't get out to shoot so I appreciate your post and photos.

·
Registered
421 Posts
nice shootin

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice shootin'.

Never done the indoor pew pew.

Going to avoid it as best as I can. Less noise, more fresh air, and more space outside.

I can't shoot a firearm within city limits (unless for defense obviously), but I joined a club this year....that reminds me, I need to pay my dues for 2022 :)

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice shootin'.

Never done the indoor pew pew.

Going to avoid it as best as I can. Less noise, more fresh air, and more space outside.

I can't shoot a firearm within city limits (unless for defense obviously), but I joined a club this year....that reminds me, I need to pay my dues for 2022 :)
I prefer outside but indoors when weather is cold works for me. This place opens 10am, I was first inside ...

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
The pics shout out a good day the range. Good report and glad you got out a bit.
*Shooting a Ruger GP-100 in 44 special sounds amazing and both revolvers are a blast. Nothing better than Ruger day!
*I am prepping for a trip to a indoor rang right now and after seeing this I can't wait.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you find the indoor ranges to be filled with more "characters?"

From the stories I have been told, they seem to be higher risk, including the air quality factor.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some fools at the state's ranges outdoors.

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

From the stories I have been told, they seem to be higher risk, including the air quality factor.

The range I was at today is a small out of the way range. There are bigger places that I've been to that yes have their characters ...

Reactions: memtb

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pretty nice groups! Doing some shooting always makes for a good day.....good shooting makes a great day! 😉 memtb

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’ve only been to a range twice.....both times were for firearms qualification! memtb

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts

Any range has potential for some real interesting combinations of humanity. That makes safety a very important issue. There are many fools sometimes at the larger ranges and even the State ranges. Large indoor ranges do have some characters and without proper range control and rule supervision things do get dangerous very fast. Always keep your eyes on your environment.
*I have been blessed by finding a great indoor range at the Bullet Ranch in Pataskala Ohio. Some days are slower than others and due to Covid and some shortages not so many crowded days.
*Just find a good safe place to shoot and support your shooting community. Nothing beats the great outdoors but you can make the indoor range a good safe learning experience.

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like you are ready to move the target back a little further.
@Wheelguns ... I was afraid someone would say that. With my eyes and iron sights, it might be a tad messy ... but you are right sir

Reactions: memtb

·
Registered
948 Posts
Seriously, that is the way I did it. I started at 7 yards, and when I got good at that, I went to 10 or 12 yards. Some days you do better than others, but with enough practice, you will be surprised how fast that target goes back. If you aren’t shooting good that day, you can always move it closer. Once you are shooting good at 15 or so, move it back to 25 and give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Seriously, that is the way I did it. I started at 7 yards, and when I got good at that, I went to 10 or 12 yards. Some days you do better than others, but with enough practice, you will be surprised how fast that target goes back. If you aren’t shooting good that day, you can always move it closer. Once you are shooting good at 15 or so, move it back to 25 and give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Sounds very familiar!
*I start at 7yrds. and go from there. Some days I can really have good groups and other days I struggle so I just move it back and start back at the basics. This range time really helps when you train or take classes with others. Getting to know the gun your using is a big PLUS!
*Thanks, Wheelguns for the reminder...
*Depends on my health that day and the type of tools I have that day.
*I love my revolvers but for the last x5 years I have been trying semi-autos and just having a GREAT time.
*The thing I am grateful for is having a place to shoot year-round that is safe and they have a good staff to train with.
(I must be getting old I just noticed the spell checker here! Nice I need it...)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts