Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my SR9c for a few months now and have taken to the range a few times already and have put 800+ rounds through it so far. In 600 rounds and shooting UMC, Winchester White Box, Federal Champion, Hydra Shoks, and even 100 rounds of Tula, I have had no malfunctions of any kind! And it seems that I keep getting more and nore accurate with it each time. Very happy with my purchase thus far. This is also my go to carry piece.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I bought mine in August and have close to 1000 rounds downrange. Same experience I couldn't be happier. And welcome to the Forum from North Carolina.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting. I went to a LGS looking for a Springfield XDS. By the end of my visit the owner talked me into picking up the SR9C.

I can't wait to go to the range and give it a try.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good choice and have fun at the range!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought mine in August and have close to 1000 rounds downrange. Same experience I couldn't be happier. And welcome to the Forum from North Carolina.
And thanks for the welcome Seabee. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just over 500 rounds in my new SR9C. Like you, no problems whatsoever shooting 6 different brands of ammunition. Tried 4 different hollow points after 400 rounds and they all fired fine.
Next week I want to dial in the sights a bit more. I'll get better the more I shoot it, of course. It's different than a full size pistol, but a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Around 1500 rounds through mine and a few minor problems that were probably user induced.

A couple of failure to extracts that occured when training and drawing from a holster. I suspect I got in a hurry and hadn't established a proper grip prior to firing the first shot. Also had some accuracy problems with Herters nylon jacketed ammunition. They seemed to be hitting all over the place but that was a few months ago. I'll reserve judgement on the ammo from when I take it out next time and use it from a bench rest position.

Had a lesson a few weeks ago and the instructor was very complimentary about my accuracy. Since I'm not really that good, would have to say that the gun should be taking credit for the accuracy. It certainly doesn't cover up all your sins but goes a long way toward stroking your "shooting ego".

·
Registered
451 Posts
I liked my SR9C so well I went out a few weeks ago and bought its brother the SR40C and loving both of them. For me the SRC class is top of the line.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Looking forward to picking up the SR9c as another carry option.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I want me one!!!!!
:D:D:D

I have heard absolutely nothing bad about these and needs to be my new carry piece. Love the rugers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts