Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while I wait for my CHL to come I figured I had better get to know my CC piece which happens to be a Ruger LCR 327. Shooting 100 gr American Eagle she had some snap to her. Pretty accurate also. I think 80 to 85 gr 32 H&R mags will be my carry loads. Hollow point of course.

My other new toy Ruger P345 45 acp was a dream to shoot. Smooth trigger with a nice feel in the hand. This could become my go piece in the stable! Switching between the 327 and the P345 was bit awkward so getting out with just the 345 to get real comfortable with it is high on the list. Very accurate to say the least! Very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I find the AE .327 FM 100 grain jsp stuff kinda harsh in my Ruger SP101 let alone in a Ruger LCR. I have a few box's of this stuff going to use it to supply me with extra brass for reloads!!!

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I went to the Hogue Mono grip it was ok but now my Ruger SP101 wears a set of Hogue Wood grips. Same basic shape as the Mono grip but the Hogue Wood grips do seem just a bit larger in grip size. This seems to even help more in recoil with my SP101 .327FM

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I find the AE .327 FM 100 grain jsp stuff kinda harsh in my Ruger SP101 let alone in a Ruger LCR. I have a few box's of this stuff going to use it to supply me with extra brass for reloads!!!
I found the same with my Sp101 on the AE 100's. The AE 85's were a bit better.

I would think the 100's in an LCR would be a handfull.

But the AE 100's sure work great in my Blackhawk. Long range accuracy @ 150 or even 200 yards is pretty incredible. And they sure make a mess of coyotes. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts