Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to th' woods today...took a SG, Beretta 92/96 and the 3" GP-100.

Fired the 100 w/both .38 spl and fairly hot mag loads. All fired DA. Revolver quite smooth, accurate, easy to control w/hot loads.

The thing's not hardly broken in yet...if the action only "gets better", it'll REALLY be smooth!

And...the 3" bbl makes fer' a really neat handlin' package....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I love them GPs and SPs myself. When you can find them at the gun shows they sell like hot cakes. Good luck with yours Jody.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Jody, I'm slow today---what's an SG? I'd love to find a GP100 3" iron sights-that gun feels like a sledge hammer-I missed one last year that was a used imported one-a little rough for the price they had on it-yours looks new!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sheepdog.....

Sorry to be so darned late in gettin' back...haven't "been here" in a few days...busy as heck....

Th' "SG" is a shotgun, n' we just "write em' up" like that....sorry...poor verbage on my part!
If I run across a 3" GP priced right, I'll let you know about it. Gotta wonder how a 3" 101 would handle after shooting the 3" GP. To me, 3" is about perfect, and the 3" RB M64 Smith...the "FBI gun"...was as close to perfect as one could get. In the early 70's, I had...and carried...a 3-1/2" M27 for a year or two...heavy N frame, but a totally neat package!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I guess I wasn't "here" when I asked that--bubble on the brain-basic abbrev. and I studied and studied and couldn't get it-maybe I need to change my rule to 3 cups before keyboard instead of two!! Thanks! I carried a 3" M65 for a year or two-swapped it for my P90-it was heavy for the way I carry-I'd like the GP even though it's heavy-I think it beats the Smiths....I had a M27 3 1/2" for a few months-Cadillac gun-went to M19 4" and 2 1/2"-only Smith I loved N-frame was M58 .41Mag---great holster gun...I love my 649 but I'd swap it for an SP 3"-like the option of .357 and the 3" balance-you'll probably end up with one!! The only Smiths I want now are the M64 2" RB and the 696 .44 Spl-Ruger could stand more options in smaller sizes...wait and see what the new guys do...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two that you want are great revolvers...and that 2" 64 is GREAT gun fer th' house.

As I get older, tho', I find myself drawn more n' more to the various Rugers, simply because they're RUGGED! I do still use a "J" frame a lot...on my person...and a SIG 232, and in certain cases, a lightweight Commander which is so easily carried. But, for general use and shootin', I really likes my Rugers and have been scopin' out P-90's...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Lose the scope and get your sweaty hands on one, quick!!! I got my KP90DC around Turkey Day and I love it even better than the P97...it is fine!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts