Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to shoot a few of my reloads last night in the KP944D. 100 rounds of .40 S&W with 180 Gr Berry's plated hollow points. There were 50 each of 2 different powders. One shot nice consistant groups that were slightly low and left. The other shot all over the left side of the target. Lot's of vertical dispersion as well as horizontal. Not hard to tell a good load from a really bad one. The first load shows promise and I'll do a little tweaking on it.

Also shot 50 9mm reloads. They were as bad as the bad batch of 40's. I shot a group with factory HP's as a benchmark and they grouped nicely. Back to the bench on that one also.

If there is an up side to all this, all rounds functioned 100% in both guns. (And it was fun, if not rewarding.):D

Shot another 100 rounds through the Kel-Tec PF-9 at 7 yards. This little gun absolutely amazes me. The first 5 shots were almost in one hole, but my last 2 I threw out a ways. They were all X's though. It shoots exactly point-of-aim with W-W 125 Gr ball and with R-P 125 Gr JHP'S. At that range it shoots the best groups of any of my 9mm's. Trigger pull is buttery-smooth, probably about 6-7 pounds.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well now Rman you got a starting point to work from. That round that was shooting low left but grouping good I would try from a bench. Just to see if it was me or the load.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by Baldy

Well now Rman you got a starting point to work from. That round that was shooting low left but grouping good I would try from a bench. Just to see if it was me or the load.
That was from the bench. I will shoot some factory stuff next time out for a benchmark like I did with the 9mm stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.