Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the NIB KP94D that I ordered over the phone from a dealer in Michigan last week. I've been looking for one for a while now. When I talked to them, I specifically asked if it was a decock only model. The clerk said he would go look, came back and said yes it was. Well, guess what? It was a manual safety model. I didn't notice until I had already done the transfer. I could understand employees being that dumb if they worked at Wally World or something, but you'd think they would know the difference in a gun shop. Guess this one will be a safe queen.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Don't you have a three day return period?
Beats me. I sent them an email. We'll see what they say. Unfortunately I already transferred it before I realized the mistake. To return it, I'd have to take it back to the FFL, have him do a dealer-to-dealer transfer and ship it back for me. I don't know if it is worth the hassle. I'll probably end up living with it. Good thing you can't cuss on here. I'd turn the air blue in the coffee shop.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I already told the story on the other forum, but will repeat here. I had my dealer order a stainless SBH. I asked him to make sure it had the squared trigger guard, and he said it did. Well, it was a 5 1/2 model, and it had the rounded trigger guard. From now on I make sure that I have the catalog and the exact model number before I order.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's no guarantee-some clerks can foul anything up to make a sale-they should eat the fees and shipping-I hate it when Rman's in a foul mood......

·
Registered
343 Posts
Total bummer rman... always frustrating when things go wrong, especially if you've been looking a long time.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I shouldn't whine. It's a nice gun - it's just the wrong model.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who knows? I'll keep my options open. Hope you're taking it easy this week end. Got to get some rest on the weekends so you're not dragging your tail during the week. You need your energy so you can slip into the coffe shop early and snarf down Whitedog's and my waffles! Calvin asked us to try and keep a leash on you, but that wouldn't be no challenge!

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Man, I wouldnt have a problem taking the thing back, and make them pay shipping!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts