Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Midway just got the Mags in. Yes you can shoot lead bullets but mine doesn't like 200 grain swc's at all.
Is the problem with the 200 swc's accuracy or cycling? I have just started reloading for my RAP 45 and have found this pistol to be sensitive to bullet type and seating depth in cycling.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning on using 200gr. swc. also. Would also like to know what cast bullets work best, round nose only?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine will not reliably feed semi-wadcutters at all. I've experimented with different seating depths and crimps including Lee Factory Crimp. It cycles fine with all jacketed so far and with lead RNFP's that I used for SASS in .45 Colt.
The swc's do fine in other .45's I might add. XDM, 1911, etc. Maybe it's just my particular pistol...who knows?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
GunMagWarehouse has RAP mags for sale $29.99
This is where I got mine. Cheaper then RugerShop even with the one time 20% off discount they give you when you register a gun with them. Bud's also has them for about $27, but they were sold out last week when I was ready to order.

Speaking of the RAP45, Jeff Quinn is back at Gunblast and did a short video of it just the other day.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Be advised that it is common for all pistols to accept a wider variety of bullet types after they are worn-in some.

I think in the case of lead, it has to do with the feed ramp slicking up. But in any event, across the board this is a common truth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts