Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, and I couldn't find any posts asking or answering this question.

Looking at getting an RAP in 6.5 Creedmoor. I've heard that the original RAP chassis and rotary mag aren't great, and that the AI mag chassis is significantly better. I plan to upgrade the chassis to a Boyd or MDT in the future. Do I need to spend the extra ~$150 up front to buy the AI style RAP prior to upgrading the chassis? Or, can I get away with getting the original rotary style RAP and using AI style mags with the upgraded chassis?

I suppose my question is: is it simply the RAP rotary chassis that is preventing use of AI mags or is there a separate mechanism in the action of the AI mag model RAP that I would still be missing after upgrading to a different chassis?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reference, but that's a bit out of my price range right now. While I imagine I'll invest around that much into the gun eventually, I'm looking at the RAP specifically because it can be had for ~$300-500.
Also, looks like it's only available in the lower 48 and I'm in Alaska.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts