Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both the RAPc9mm and PCC9 along with 6 magazines:2 17 round, 2 10 round and 2 12 rounders. 5 of the magazines work fine in both guns. One of the 12 round magazines in the RAPc9 will not hold open when you rack the slide with an empty magazine in place but will stay open if you first hold open the slide and the insert an empty mag. This mag however works fine in the PCC9! Strange. So I have one mag that works fine otherwise except for the stay open when empty feature, but only in the RAPc. Again, this mag functions normally in the pcc9. Thoughts, ideas and suggestions please.

Motodoc42

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have both the RAPc9mm and PCC9 along with 6 magazines:2 17 round, 2 10 round and 2 12 rounders. 5 of the magazines work fine in both guns. One of the 12 round magazines in the RAPc9 will not hold open when you rack the slide with an empty magazine in place but will stay open if you first hold open the slide and the insert an empty mag. This mag however works fine in the PCC9! Strange. So I have one mag that works fine otherwise except for the stay open when empty feature, but only in the RAPc. Again, this mag functions normally in the pcc9. Thoughts, ideas and suggestions please.

Motodoc42
All magazines are made by Ruger. Since I've received no replies I guess no one else out there has had a similar problem.
I'll just mark the defective mag on the bottom with a piece of duck tape and fire til I hear a click!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The original springs in the 12 round mags would get a little weak after leaving the mags loaded for a while Ruger updated the springs. The newer springs have the top two loops close together and the rest are evenly spaced out. I called Ruger they sent me new springs in the mail for my 12 round clips for my American compact 9mm.

Jonesy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to order an American pistol magazine well from shopruger.com. $28.00 I think
Motodoc42

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The original springs in the 12 round mags would get a little weak after leaving the mags loaded for a while Ruger updated the springs. The newer springs have the top two loops close together and the rest are evenly spaced out. I called Ruger they sent me new springs in the mail for my 12 round clips for my American compact 9mm.

Jonesy
Thank you sir, I'ii give them a call.
Motodoc42

1 - 7 of 7 Posts