Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
My first comment is until you learn to shoot it better, slow down your shooting speed, work on attaining and maintaining a good grip, and lose the laser.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wildtoad said:
My first comment is until you learn to shoot it better, slow down your shooting speed, work on attaining and maintaining a good grip, and lose the laser.
I agree with your sentiment, but your advice to lose the laser is bad IMO. The OP should stop shooting for a while and learn how to hold the laser still on target. If the laser dot is not moving around - neither is the muzzle. I've seen some amazingly good rapid shooting with a laser, but it took a LOT of muzzle control practice first!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Alderman, what distance?

Glad your enjoying your 22.

I would say a good rapid fire....as fast as u can dump the mag....group @ 7 yards would be a softball size.

Enjoy the practice, I sure do.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with your sentiment, but your advice to lose the laser is bad IMO. The OP should stop shooting for a while and learn how to hold the laser still on target. If the laser dot is not moving around - neither is the muzzle. I've seen some amazingly good rapid shooting with a laser, but it took a LOT of muzzle control practice first!
A valid point. my thoughts are to not become reliant on the laser. If it can help learn to keep pistol on target then fine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The way I use a laser to train new people is: If you can see the red dot, your sights are not lined up properly! If you hold the gun 'on target' and the dot moves around, practice holding it a lot firmer, and squeeze the trigger SLOWLY until you get to where the red dot hardly moves at all. That is learning gun control. Then you are ready for some live fire.

My 26 year old granddaughter had about 1/2 hour practice at home with me that way and boy, did her gun control increase FAST! Then we went to the range and she did well without a laser at all through all the exercises I gave her - and there were a lot of them.

I have stood in a booth at an indoor range too many times and watched people chase that little red dot around and their targets looked exactly like the OP's target. And that was not fast fire. It was chasing the dot slow fire!

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The most important part of putting a laser on my LCP was master the DAO trigger pull. Outdoors, in bright daylight you probably won't be able to see the laser dot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As for the accuracy, to me it looks like you have several rounds keyholing. I wonder if the gun is shaving bullets when loading which leads to instability in flight? Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly but it looks like that could be what is happening.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great shooting at 100 yards. Ten feet, not so much LOL. But I hope you will enjoy the heck out of it and take some of the advice above to heart on how to improve marksmanship. Happy Independence Day to all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts