Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I was hoping someone could check out their bolt on their RAR and check something for me. Mine is a 30-06 but I think all will be the same. I am going to be disassembling my bolt soon to jewel it and I noticed something that I am not sure is correct.

I have the black plastic cover off the rear of the bolt. I have the bolt in the fire position. At this position, the firing pin back does not make contact with the bolt body. The cam lobe on the firing pin back doesnt contact the bolt body cam at all. I can spin it left and right until it contacts the cam on the bolt body. Looking closely I can see a small gap between the firing pin spring stop and the firing pin back (above where the roll pin goes in). It looks like the firing pin spring stop threads into the firing pin back so I could put a little more load on it then drive the roll pin through? That is assuming that my bolt is loose and needs to be tightened. Could someone pull their bolt off and remove the black cap and take a quick look for me?

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey everybody, I was hoping someone could check out their bolt on their RAR and check something for me. Mine is a 30-06 but I think all will be the same. I am going to be disassembling my bolt soon to jewel it and I noticed something that I am not sure is correct.

I have the black plastic cover off the rear of the bolt. I have the bolt in the fire position. At this position, the firing pin back does not make contact with the bolt body. The cam lobe on the firing pin back doesnt contact the bolt body cam at all. I can spin it left and right until it contacts the cam on the bolt body. Looking closely I can see a small gap between the firing pin spring stop and the firing pin back (above where the roll pin goes in). It looks like the firing pin spring stop threads into the firing pin back so I could put a little more load on it then drive the roll pin through? That is assuming that my bolt is loose and needs to be tightened. Could someone pull their bolt off and remove the black cap and take a quick look for me?

Thanks
I have the exact same gun as you RAR .30-06. I will take a look tomorrow and let you know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts