Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New to the forum so please be kind. I am sure this has been addressed many times before but I never have luck with the search feature. So one moe time please.
I am awaiting the arrival of my First Ruger American Predator Rifle in a 6.5 Creed. I plan to use a VORTEX Diamondback HP 4x16x42 on it.
What scope mounts are you all using and prefered?

Thanks for the replies,

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats on the 6.5 Creedmoor! You're going to love it, I love mine!
I'm using Weaver 1" quad lock rings and the base that came with my Predator. And have a Nikon Bushmaster 4.5-14X40 on it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I mounted a set of 30mm Leupold Rifleman rings to my kid's RAR .30-06 on the factory bases that came with it. The scope is a Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.5-6X44 Riflescope. There's no height designation on the rings, but I would say they are medium height equivalent and the scope sits pretty close to the barrel without touching. I have them on my Browning BAR as well with a similar scope. They are solid scope rings for the price.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,062 Posts
I do not own a rar, however I do own many bolt guns with a few choice ring, and base setups. I use a egw base on many of them, rar im not sure but may have its own included base, if not the egw 0moa does really well. I always use the weaver 6 hole tactical rings, they have never givem me an issue, they are extremely robust, and meant to last. I own 8 or 9 sets of them. Another great choice is the leupold base and rings, I have those on my 7mm rem mag, been using it for 10+ years its a great setup twist in the front ring, the screw down the rear ring, no issues. You are gonna love the diamond back, a friend has that exact scope on his 24" 5.56, very clear, anda lifetime warranty. I own the 6x24x50 pst viper ffp, a great scope. I own more nikons....prostaff, buckmaster, momarchs than any others.

Here is the rings I recommend.

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-6-hole-tactical-style-rings-matte.html

Lepold base, and get the matching rings this is for the 70 or 700, but I am sure they make one of the same style for the ruger.

Leupold 1-Piece Standard Long Range Scope Base

Ruger American Short Action Scope Mount 0 MOA: EGW Gun Parts

Remember to loctite the base attaching screws, cross bolts, and scope ring bolts, that way you will not have it work loose at an inappropriate time.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts