Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found two sets of instructions, one says screw seating die in til it touches sized/primed and powdered case then, back out 1/8th turn but no more then tighten lock nut. The other instructions are the same except, it says back out lock nut 1 full turn? Is the full turn only needed if you also, use the die for crimping? Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
"The Real Deal"
6,753 Posts
I found two sets of instructions, one says screw seating die in til it touches sized/primed and powdered case then, back out 1/8th turn but no more then tighten lock nut. The other instructions are the same except, it says back out lock nut 1 full turn? Is the full turn only needed if you also, use the die for crimping? Thanks! :thumbsup:
On my set of rcbs 44 mags, I turned it down until its seated and back out one turn, or if its a cam over press, screw down until it hits in the cam over position then turn it out one turn, no issue. I use a black permanent marker to give an indexing mark.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,753 Posts
I'll set mine to a full turn also, I'm using a Forster Coax press Thanks! :thumbsup:
No problem, i use an old Bair 130C single stage with mine. Have run it on my hornady progressive but its easier on the single since it has to be removed to be trimmed anyways. I use a lee factory crimp die on mine, thats why I have my seater set the way it is. Good luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
So what's the answer, crippledchicken? Does it crimp or not? I'm curious, I used Lee dies and crimp separately.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,753 Posts
So did that adjustment work out for you CC? Hope it did...;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts