Ruger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

"The Real Deal"
There's another reason I don't want a BMG, aside from a "beat down" every time I shot it I'd have to buy more crap.......;)
馃槈 Its recoil is not bad, more of a shove than a sharp recoil like the 7mm stw which is painful. Thats ok maybe oneday you can try mine out.
The overpressure muzzle blast is whats tough to get used too. Bout 20 rounds in one sitting is my limit.
i have to admit its a bit unnerving loading 214 grains of gunpowder in one cartridge. and seating a primer thats as big as an 800mg motrin. o_O

Reactions: Mark204

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Yes im lucky to own a 50 bmg precision rifle. Its definately a fiream that takes it too another level. Their is nothing like it. Maybe one day you can try one out. Here is my barrett.

View attachment 145646
Meh, once you let off a few thousand from Ma-Deuce, or a belt from the Mac-Daddy, MK19, the single shot Barrett is just that...Now if you had some Raufoss MK 211, you could earn some cool points.

"The Real Deal"
Meh, once you let off a few thousand from Ma-Deuce, or a belt from the Mac-Daddy, MK19, the single shot Barrett is just that...Now if you had some Raufoss MK 211, you could earn some cool points.
Well........ if those rounds are in my ammo stash, i will never tell. :unsure:

You have to remember the ma deuce is over 100lbs, the 99 is 23lbs, the ma deuce has no brake, the 99 diverts all the blast backwards, and the ma deuce isnt made to do this, rather saturate a target with lead. 200 yards 6 shots 1 700" spread max.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I've made swiss cheese of my share of light skins at 1.5KM firing M21. That's accurate enough?
But the real fun comes from SLAP & SLAP-T.

"The Real Deal"
Tacky, you are right on about the .50 BMG they are a lot of fun,they will drain a bank account quickluy though!
Tell me bout it. Reloading my own isnt as bad but getting 22 rounds from 1 pound of h50bmg isnt easy on the wallet. Price went up for the 750 amax to 54$ per 20. Was 44$ but it always puts a smile on my face. (y)

Reactions: Bob Lewis

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Some days, one needs to warm things up a bit, kinda gets your blood flowing, and puts a warm smile on the face.

Reactions: Tacky
21 - 31 of 31 Posts