Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a Ruger Mark I. The blueing is all but gone. My question if I have the pistol re-blued will it add value or decrease value?

·
Registered
65 Posts
The blueing is all but gone. My question if I have the pistol re-blued will it add value or decrease value?
This can vary by firearm and by how rare a particular model is but I would not hesitate to send it back to Ruger and get it gone through by them as they will replace anything that needs to be and it will come back looking like a new MKI unless it happens to be pitted. Rebluing by Ruger is one of the best values there is. I do not know what the current charge will be but would guess it will be somewhere around $100 plus shipping.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I sent my scratched up, beat up MKI back to Ruger and it came back looking like a brand new pistol. I had them drill and tap it too and with not much more than a pretty please they did that for free as long as I bought the optics rail from them. I think they replaced every spring and pin in that pistol when they had it. I wouldn't hesitate to send them another if I ever needed to.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Send it back home to Ruger. You will be pleased with the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts