Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iowegan,

if you want to close a thread due to misinformation I get it. But how about noting what you think as misinformation in an effort to help educate? And if I’m in the wrong Id hope someone would tell my post master. I do exactly as Ive stated when shipping long guns for years without any problems…

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,265 Posts
The moderators here have a simple policy of not allowing discussions of matters where legal issues are involved. There are so many jurisdictions with varying laws and ordinances that this forum could never keep track. We do not seek to educate about the law. We do not wish to incur that liability. Contact the proper authorities in your local jurisdiction for guidance in these matters. It doesn't matter if your post was 100% factual. The law could be different in a year's time, or may not apply in another part of the country.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have not seen the OP’s now closed post, but agree 100% that a concise but complete reason for the closure should be provided to the offender. Perhaps through a private message.

I don’t see how a post that is 100% accurate could be disinformation but perhaps the post should include something like- here in x state my experience has been such and such. Or perhaps instead of closing a thread that might be useful for some, a simple “consult your local laws” would be a better option.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Honestly, a forum would be the last place I’d go for answers as to how or what carrier can I ship a firearm through. There’s this silly thing they call Google it has a plethora of information at your finger tip. Not sure what carrier can ship an item? It’s easy peasy, punch in “UPS shipping regs, (naturally my first choice), “USPS shipping regs or “FedEx shipping regs”. If you want correct information go to the source. JMO

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with the above post. I also agree with the OP and think most forums are way over moderated. I don’t think it’s needed in most instances. If people aren’t smart enough to take what they read in places like this with a grain of salt then they reap what they sow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,226 Posts
I realize, no one wants to be corrected for violating forum rules but it's really nobody's business but the OP's and forum management. The OP (ditto1958) is a long time member that should know better than to violate forum rules. I could have banned him .... I didn't. I could have issued a formal warning, I didn't. I could have deleted the thread .... I didn't. I considered the OP's post a mistake so all I did was to close the thread. If you think that is "over moderation", I highly suggest you find a forum where rules aren't enforced.

#1rugerjunkie and Wildtoad, Here's my response from the OP's thread:
Lots of incorrect answers, which is why you don't post legal questions on this forum. This thread is closed.
What part of "which is why you don't post legal questions on this forum." don't you understand?

BTW, besides Federal law, there are City, County, and State laws that govern firearms. This is not a "one answer fits all" scenario and if this thread is resurrected in a few years, it's hard to say what the shipping procedures will be.

Do yourself a favor and read the forum rules: (1) The Forum Rules of Decorum | Ruger Forum note Rule #12.

Reactions: FireEscape
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.