Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was asked to post this here on this Forum by a fellow member.

“This week marks the 20th anniversary of Ronald Reagan’s bold stand against trading missile defense for an arms treaty. Recalling the lessons of the Reykjavik is key to winning the global war on terror. At least one house of Congress may be taken over by a Democratic leadership committed to cutting and running from Iraq. And in Iran, a terror regime is trying to pull the wool over the world’s eyes about its nuclear program. What better time to recall the late, great President’s nerve?... History proved the critics all wrong—including the scores of scientists who knew so much better than this simpleton who somehow landed in the White House. For all the times Reagan was derided as a mere movie star, his ‘doing a John Wayne’ in the Iceland summit was exactly what the cause of freedom demanded... This President simply refused to let us down. The result was that in several years Gorbachev was gone. After seven decades of genocide and expansionism, the Soviet Union found itself overwhelmed by a free world choosing to defend itself. Gennady Gerasimov, senior Soviet foreign ministry spokesman in the 1980s, said at the time of Reagan’s death that ‘Reagan’s SDI was a very successful blackmail.’ Today, U.S. interceptor missiles that can stop incoming nuclear warheads in space—Teddy Kennedy’s ‘physical and technological impossibility’ —are an operational reality.” —Investor’s Business Daily.

The similaritys between the way the Liberals treated Reagan (and they were completely wrong) and the way they treat Bush (they are mostly wrong) are amazing. TP

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Well stated gunman. You can tell by the count of votes in the last four presidential elections just how effective the liberal media is in distorting the truth.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks, Tim, for helping me-I'm compooter challenged. Guys, I really enjoyed this article-and, with elections coming up, would like to encourage all to remember this great man's example. We have seldom had presidents (in our lifetime) who had common sense, wisdom, courage to be unpopular, and CHARACTER-the kind of man you could trust your daughter with-or your business-or your country---Ronald Reagan was this kind of man...a good neighbor-a good friend-and one to be elbow-to-elbow with if the wind blew wrong...he really surprised those who thought he was just an actor. I believe we have such a president now-but his time is soon over-who has these qualities now-the qualities of a true statesman? Yes, party platforms are important-yes, we have our opinions, but this country needs more than ever a man of good character who, while not perfect, is sincerely trying to do what's best for his countrymen. Pray that we have for our next president a man of such character and quality. Notice I didn't accuse or vilify anyone-and I hope the responses are in the same spirit. We're in a time where we need first to be Americans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts