Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first bought the gun because of the great deal I got on it. I didn't plan on shooting it a lot since I have a PT-111 G2 and 9mm ammo is cheaper than .45. I just ran through a few magazines of WWB and half a box of Sellier & Bellot and damn I love this gun. It shoots great and is just really fun to shoot. Looks like I'll be making a bulk buy on .45 ammo soon.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Congratulations on the SR1911CMD. It's a favorite of mine as well. You may want to check out Freedom Munitions. Catch them when they're running a special with free shipping and you can get basic range ammo (230 gr ball reman) for 27 cents ea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had my Nightwatchman CMD 4 months and I never go to the range without it. Never fired a 1911 let alone own one until I purchased this when I relocated to the Gunshine State. I always wondered what the big deal was with 1911s. Now I understand. It's a piece of history in your hand.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I'll be picking up a lightly used SR1911 CMD on Saturday.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm afflicted with SR1911 Rugeritis. Have more than I need, less than I want; takes longer & longer to decide which one(s) to take to the range. Every trip to the range is fun with any of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations on the SR1911CMD. It's a favorite of mine as well. You may want to check out Freedom Munitions. Catch them when they're running a special with free shipping and you can get basic range ammo (230 gr ball reman) for 27 cents ea.
Thanks! I will check them out.

I've had my Nightwatchman CMD 4 months and I never go to the range without it. Never fired a 1911 let alone own one until I purchased this when I relocated to the Gunshine State. I always wondered what the big deal was with 1911s. Now I understand. It's a piece of history in your hand.
This is the first 1911 I have owned but the second one I have fired. I have always wanted one it is awesome to finally have one.

I'll be picking up a lightly used SR1911 CMD on Saturday.
Cool! You're gonna love it.

I'm afflicted with SR1911 Rugeritis. Have more than I need, less than I want; takes longer & longer to decide which one(s) to take to the range. Every trip to the range is fun with any of them.
I am going to stick with just this one for now. Unless another deal comes along. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
+ 1 for Freedom Munitions. I use them al the time. Today they have $7.50 flat rate shipping. Also I'm pretty sure your first order always has free shipping. Sign up on the web site and they will send you an email everyday about the special of the day. I always order plenty when they have free shipping. Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had the full sized SR1911 for a little over 2 years now. The CMD will be my 5th 1911.
This probably won't be my last 1911.

+ 1 for Freedom Munitions. I use them al the time. Today they have $7.50 flat rate shipping. Also I'm pretty sure your first order always has free shipping. Sign up on the web site and they will send you an email everyday about the special of the day. I always order plenty when they have free shipping. Good Luck !!!
Thanks for the info, signing up now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bulkammo.com. Price is hard to beat. I place an order on Saturday night and my 1911 is chewing them up and spitting them out by Wednesday afternoon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was in the same boat. I was all about the striker fired and never got the "hype" about the 1911's. Then I picked up a Ruger 1911 CMD Lightweight to put into my CCW roation (the other is a Ruger SR9c).

At this point, I don't think I'm going to buy another striker fired gun. My Ruger SR9c is all I need. I want to collect more 1911's. They look badass, they're historical, and....well....they're just pretty!

Pictures below!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was in the same boat. I was all about the striker fired and never got the "hype" about the 1911's. Then I picked up a Ruger 1911 CMD Lightweight to put into my CCW roation (the other is a Ruger SR9c).

At this point, I don't think I'm going to buy another striker fired gun. My Ruger SR9c is all I need. I want to collect more 1911's. They look badass, they're historical, and....well....they're just pretty!
Yes they are. I always figured I would wind up getting a regular blued or parkerized 1911 until I found the deal on this one.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations on your new SR1911! The more I shoot mine, the more I like it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Also just got one: Im sidelining my series 70 colt gold cup for a while after just one trip to the range with the SR.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts