Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just did a brief looking through here, and I was surprised to see not a mention of the best knife on the planet! Randall Made of course. Anyone have one?

·
Registered
191 Posts
have a 10-3 which was a gift from a dear friend. it sits in a display case. they are great knives I just would rather use a spyderco for every day work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love RMK :D They are expensive and the wait is far out. Price to pay for hand-made in 'Merica, and keeping limited staff for quality.

I carry a CRKT Natural 2 with white bone and micarta while at work.

I've got a Browning ShadowFax 104BL on order to start carrying along side the SR9C.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have 14 Randalls,got my first one when I arrived "in country" Dec '64.
That one cost me $18.,the prices have gone up since then....

The latest one I received was the Miniature Model 27.

Randalls are great,worth the wait and cost.

Top Dog

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think alot of folks don't know what a Randall is.
Didn't Know myself until I heard a song by Guy Clark called ( the Randall knife). Then I had to go find out. Beyond my means but they seem to be
top shelf items.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anita,
Yes,the Randalls seems to be expensive,but so are a lot of top quality custom knives.
Most folks are put off by the long wait (50+ months) but you can get them much quicker,for the same price from a number of Randall authorized dealers.

I did a quick look at the most recent Randall catalog,and,in all honesty,the prices are not that bad when you compare them with some other knives that are mostly factory produced.

Take a look at Strider knives and you will see what I mean. I have several Strider Knives,and they are quite robust but also are expensive. They are not custom made like the Randall knives.

Top Dog

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have one on order. It should be here in April of 2017! The only good thing about the wait is that I'll be able to save the money that the thing will cost by the time they get it made.

It will be a great exercise in patience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts