Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on!

This had to to an anti gun nut and just wanted to get caught with a loaded gun. Right?
Really a shotgun has about the easiest to check if loaded.

RALEIGH, N.C. – Officials say two people were accidentally shot and wounded at a gun show at the North Carolina state fairgrounds.

It happened Saturday at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show, a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people to the fairgrounds in Raleigh.

The fairground is operated by the state agriculture department. Agency spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.

Emergency crews responded to the scene, and two people were loaded into ambulances.

Long says the shotgun's owner brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer.

The show shut down early Saturday.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Agreed. Anti gun nut. These freaks are destroying American freedoms. :eek:

·
Registered
97 Posts
there wont be a gun show at that place anymore. kinda sad you never bring a gun to a gun show without checking it first to see A if its loaded and B does it function good be for i sell it i wouldn't want to give anyone a gun that doesn't work

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm betting not anti-gun. Just a plain 'ol garden variety idiot. The world has an endless supply of those.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there wont be a gun show at that place anymore. kinda sad you never bring a gun to a gun show without checking it first to see A if its loaded and B does it function good be for i sell it i wouldn't want to give anyone a gun that doesn't work
Well that's one heck of a way to see if it works:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, as in most news stories, I'm sure we're just getting part of the story. I agree the gun should have been emptied before taken to the show. For pretty much everyone thats a member here, this would be a no brainer. But how in the hell does a gun go off simply by unzipping the case? Oh, I know. The shotgun is evil and it did it on it's own. Idiots...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Big gun show in Indianapolis this weekend too. Idiot shot himself in the hand today in the parking lot, reloading after the show.

Conspiracy? I doubt it. You can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
What I wonder about this story is why the law enforcement officer didn't have the owner pointing it in a safe direction?

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Had I not been at work today, I would have been there. Kinda glad now that I wasn't. Nevertheless, it seems that 3 of the 4 basic safety rules were violated here. Embarrassing. Could have been worse....and what rotten timing, too...politically speaking.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
+1 more for garden variety idiot. Not all gun owners have common sense. It's a shame that the anti gun idiots will point to this and say guns are the problem.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
You can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
The owner is just plain stupid. And that's all there is to it. If it were any of us, we'd check the shotgun at least a few times even before leaving the house. Needless to say, this story will for sure make the news and that's all we need now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm wondering how it happened. I've been to the Dixie Gun and Knife show before in Charlotte. Same people, different venue. Our guns were checked, cleared, and zip tied before we could enter. If you arrived with a loaded magazine, they took it and placed it in a labeled bag for you to pick up on your way out. No loaded guns allowed anywhere in the show.

Maybe it happened in the parking lot? Who knows.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
There are no accidents here, it's a criminal level of neglect. Might not be able to fix stupid but you sure can jail it for what it does, even Foest Gump would comprehend that.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Good grief. Idiots really make it tough on the rest of us who are responsible firearms owners.

·
Registered
827 Posts
One local news station has it on their web page

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8960332

On the telecast at 6:00, there was a local police officer saying his people had not even touched the case, and the owner was just in the act of opening it? He made it sound like nobody was actually touching the weapon at the time it "went off"?

Definitely sounded odd watching the report and hearing the officers statement - just does not add up, unless something inside the case moved or shifted and got jammed in the trigger guard while the owner was opening the case.

Still, the guy was driving around with a loaded, and cocked shotgun on his way to a gun show supposedly to sell it, which in itself just screams numbskull.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts