Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago I was shooting my SR9 and the loaded chamber indicator semi detached from the slide and was flopping around. I called Ruger and they said send it back. I hate the LCI but being a retired cop I know how lawyers are and want my weapons as unadulterated as possible especially as far as safety equipment goes. So off it went. I received it back today and immediately walked out in the pasture to my shooting range and ran two mags through it. I immediately noticed the trigger was lighter, no creep, and reset more quickly. According to the repair slip the basically replaced the whole guts. Must have been updated parts but man does it shoot better. It's been a home defense gun and I use it frequently when teaching CWP classes, but it may replace my 1911 or M&P for carry. Ruger, you did a great job!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Glad it all worked out for you.
I love happy endings.
Can't beat Ruger CS.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Hearing about their great customer service makes me confident to buy Ruger.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sent my Sr9 back because take down pin came loose and chipped the frame, they returned everything new except slide and barrel and it had the original serial number. Now i have the newest model SR9 instead of the older model with the round mag release and it has a much better trigger. Rugers are great pistols and the customer service is the best around.

·
Registered
44 Posts
...similar story re my SR9C -- sent back after a reassembly issue, received back in a few days and it shoots better than ever! Ruger CS folks are all very personable over the phone and their service is refreshingly fast and well handled. This surely does seem to be a well run company!

·
Registered
651 Posts
So glad to hear more good stories about the customer service from Ruger. I, like you, am a Ruger fan and own two and about to own 3 with my new SR1911. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Several weeks ago I was shooting my SR9 and the loaded chamber indicator semi detached from the slide and was flopping around. I called Ruger and they said send it back. I hate the LCI but being a retired cop I know how lawyers are and want my weapons as unadulterated as possible especially as far as safety equipment goes. So off it went. I received it back today and immediately walked out in the pasture to my shooting range and ran two mags through it. I immediately noticed the trigger was lighter, no creep, and reset more quickly. According to the repair slip the basically replaced the whole guts. Must have been updated parts but man does it shoot better. It's been a home defense gun and I use it frequently when teaching CWP classes, but it may replace my 1911 or M&P for carry. Ruger, you did a great job!
I'm guessing you had one of the very original SR9 units. They did a recall on some of the early SR9 pistols and after the SR9c was released, they started putting the same trigger in the SR9 and the older units when returned.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I recently upgraded my older SR9 with a newer model (D mag release) and had the same experience as you with the improved trigger. I can actually get tight groups now and the trigger soooooo much better all around. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
141 Posts
When did the newer SR9 with D mag release come onto the market? I don't have mine with me at the moment, so I can't check to see which I have...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They were nice. Only real problem is I talked to them twice and got two different stories but the rectified all issues so I have o complaints.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts