Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the factory installed rail off my international and want to use iron sights. I need the 4 plug screws to fill the holes from the rail. Does anyone know the size and wether or not they can be had at Lowe's or similar outlets

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,311 Posts
The screws are #6x48 tpi …. not usually found at a hardware store. The screws Ruger uses have a flush head, a flat tip slot, and are short enough where they don't interfere with the bolt. A tiny dot of thread lock keeps them from unthreading and falling out. You can buy a set of blued or stainless filler screws from shopruger.com. Here's a link: 10/22® Set (4) Filler (plug) Screws-ShopRuger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lowegan but it looks like they only sell to U.S. citizens and being north of the 49th parallel, I can't get them shipped. That's why I was hoping they were available from some hardware outlet

·
16,311 Posts
Try a local gun shop .… any place that mounts scopes will likely have some "take offs".

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My local hardware store actually sells gun screws and filler screws. Along with cleaning kits and oils, solvents etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to my gun club where a guy was shooting a tricked out 1022 (big scope etc) I figured he might know where I could pick up some plugs. He said Iv'e got some in my tool box here I'm way past using iron sights so you are welcome to them. What shooters are all about

·
16,311 Posts
dagnarble, Good for you! Saved you a hassle and $4.

·
Registered
172 Posts
if worse comes to worse...a strip of gorilla tape on top of the receiver...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts