Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got receiver sights on all my Rugers except on my .22
The top rifle is a MKII .30-06, CRF with factory original sights and is drilled and tapped for a Williams Foolproof receiver sight like the one on the rifle pictured below it. I had it removed at the time this pic was taken.

Center rifle is the first stainless rifle I bought, a MKII 30-06 push feed, either late 80's or early 90's (poor memory!), before they were available with factory sights, so I purchased direct from Ruger a barrel band front which I installed along with the Foolproof shown mounted.

Here's a closer view of the front sight on the center rifle

And the FP on the same rifle

Now that the Scout rifle has appeared, I naturally had to have one of those too;)

Pics of your rifles with receivers sights will be very welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so disappointed that the US got shafted with the blued short barreled flash hider version of the gunsite scout, I really need to take a trip to Canada to pick up a real gunsite scout.
I've read a lot about Americans wishing for what's commonly called the 'export model' that we and the Australians have. Oddly enough, I've also heard people here wanting the U.S. version.
I myself much prefer the stainless model without the flashhider as I like the longer barrel.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we see Ruger offer both models in the U.S as they catch up with the current demand. That would only make good business sense as I'm sure they would sell a train load of them.
For you folks, I sincerely hope they do.

·
Banned
181 Posts
I've read a lot about Americans wishing for what's commonly called the 'export model' that we and the Australians have. Oddly enough, I've also heard people here wanting the U.S. version.
I myself much prefer the stainless model without the flashhider as I like the longer barrel.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we see Ruger offer both models in the U.S as they catch up with the current demand. That would only make good business sense as I'm sure they would sell a train load of them.
For you folks, I sincerely hope they do.
The true irony is that the US version meets less of the gunsite scout specifications than the 'export' version.

I am definately eagerly awaiting Ruger's US release of the real gunsite scout, and agree completely that they can easily profit from it. I just sincerely hope that they don't jack up the price for the 'new' US version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.